You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay

I restored my phone from a backup and now I CANNOT add my cards to my wallet for Apple Pay. I just get the message that I cannot add the card as soon as I try - I do not get to the stage where I actually add a specific card. I have done everything that people recommend. I have turned off the passcode, reset the phone etc etc. Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 2:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 5:58 AM

I appreciate your help Brnabas, but in fact the solution was entirely different, and I came upon it almost by chance. I noticed that there was an expired credit card associated with my iCloud account. I removed this, and everything went back to normal! Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but that's what was causing the problem.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 5:58 AM in response to askbarnabas

I appreciate your help Brnabas, but in fact the solution was entirely different, and I came upon it almost by chance. I noticed that there was an expired credit card associated with my iCloud account. I removed this, and everything went back to normal! Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but that's what was causing the problem.

Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.