You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing the name of my email

Can I change the name of my email address to something else without creating another email? I mean still using the same email address but just changing the name because I don’t like it anymore. And if so, how?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 8:17 PM

Yes, you can change the email account name. Open Mail's preferences, click on the Accounts button in the toolbar. Select your account from the list. On the right side of the window click on the Account Information button. You will see a field labeled, Description, in the window. You can edit that field with the name you wish to give to the account.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2020 8:17 PM in response to Mayym

Yes, you can change the email account name. Open Mail's preferences, click on the Accounts button in the toolbar. Select your account from the list. On the right side of the window click on the Account Information button. You will see a field labeled, Description, in the window. You can edit that field with the name you wish to give to the account.

changing the name of my email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.