You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

US English keyboard layout produces wrong characters

I am using a wireless Logitech K750 solar keyboard (with USB unifying receiver instead of Bluetooth) with my late 2009 27" iMac running MacOS High Sierra. I had not used this computer in a while but today after installing the latest security update, I noticed that typing Shift-9 to get "(" would actually produce a ")" character! Other keys in that area are wrong as well. I verified "U.S." is correctly chosen in System Preferences > Keyboard and chosen in the menubar as well.. U.S. International PC produces wrong characters too. But "Australian" works as expected. I've never experienced that before with any keyboard. How do I fix this problem with the US English keyboard layout?

Thank you.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 12:41 AM

2 replies

US English keyboard layout produces wrong characters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.