You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing iMessages

I'd like to print a message I received on my phone via iMessage. How can I do this? (My phone allows me to print pictures, but I'm not seeing a print option in iMessage.

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 10:01 AM

There is no print option in iMessage. If this is a short piece that you wish to print, you can screenshot the conversation and print like a picture. If you have more than you wish to do in that manner, then you would need a 3rd party app on a computer to download the message thread and print that way. PhoneView is on that works well on the Mac, and TouchCopy works for both Mac and Windows. There are free versions that are restricted, or you can purchase. They do more tasks than just printing messages. You can find them on the net.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2020 10:01 AM in response to Da Huff

There is no print option in iMessage. If this is a short piece that you wish to print, you can screenshot the conversation and print like a picture. If you have more than you wish to do in that manner, then you would need a 3rd party app on a computer to download the message thread and print that way. PhoneView is on that works well on the Mac, and TouchCopy works for both Mac and Windows. There are free versions that are restricted, or you can purchase. They do more tasks than just printing messages. You can find them on the net.

Printing iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.