You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail on Apple Watch, delete icon

Why can I not delete mail from my Apple Watch? I have the latest updates and when I go to rearrange my icons the X does not show up in the upper left corner to delete the icon.

I wish to delete the mail off my Apple Watch due to it repeatedly asking for a password multiple times through the day, it’s quite annoying.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 9:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
3 replies

Apr 8, 2020 5:20 AM in response to Community User

Below are the instructions, though #3 & #4 will not work because the "X" does not show on the App. in the rearrange state. The Apple Support instructions do not work was looking for another passable solution.

Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold the app.
  2. Tap Rearrange Apps.
  3. Tap  in the upper-left corner to delete the app.
  4. Tap Delete. Then on an iPhone X or later, tap Done. Or on an iPhone 8 or earlier, press the Home button.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Mail on Apple Watch, delete icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.