You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos disappeared

All my photos just disappeared out my iPhone and I really need them back. Also they are not in recently deleted. How do I get all my photos back?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 7:27 AM

Please check the following

1. Do you have backup (iTunes or iClouds), --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup ...
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 
  2. Did you sync with iCloud earlier and now it is disabled. Then again --> Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...
  3. Have you ever imported your photos to Mac/PC --? Use Photos on your Mac - Apple Support OR Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple ...
  4. Have you ever uploaded them to any Drives (OnDrive, Drive, Flickr, DropBox) - Back up iPhone data with Google Drive - iPhone & iPad ...
  5. There are only three possibilities that I can think of right now...
    1. You have restored from a backup which does not have those Photos you are looking for
    2. You have un-synced your iPhone using iTunes
    3. You may have imported them to Mac/PC into Photos App and have ticked "Delete after Import"

Watch the GIF below

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2020 7:27 AM in response to julianna423

Please check the following

1. Do you have backup (iTunes or iClouds), --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup ...
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 
  2. Did you sync with iCloud earlier and now it is disabled. Then again --> Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...
  3. Have you ever imported your photos to Mac/PC --? Use Photos on your Mac - Apple Support OR Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple ...
  4. Have you ever uploaded them to any Drives (OnDrive, Drive, Flickr, DropBox) - Back up iPhone data with Google Drive - iPhone & iPad ...
  5. There are only three possibilities that I can think of right now...
    1. You have restored from a backup which does not have those Photos you are looking for
    2. You have un-synced your iPhone using iTunes
    3. You may have imported them to Mac/PC into Photos App and have ticked "Delete after Import"

Watch the GIF below

My photos disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.