You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update my iPad apps

Hi

I have in a few days experienced that the function in my iPad’s App Store where the updates are, won’t load. Only when I reboot my iPad it works, but as soon as I close it, it won’t work again. When I click on each update or all at once, some are updating while others just run without something happening.

I have searched through Google with different sentences, and either Google or Apple can help. I know you can update apps from a Mac, but I can’t find any places on my MacBook Air to update iPad apps when it’s connected.

Both my MacBook and iPad are the newest versions of updates. I have tried 3 different Wi-Fis and mobile broadband.

Is there any method to update my iPad apps using MacBook? It’s the only way that I can see right now without doing something I don’t know about.

Thanks in advance.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:46 AM

5 replies

Apr 4, 2020 7:17 PM in response to AppleIsFantastic

If you have an iPad with a Home button.

Try a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

If you have an iPad with NO Home button,

Try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018 iPad Pro models.

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2.Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3.Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

Can’t update my iPad apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.