You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I connect two external monitors to my 2019 MacBook Air?

I have a 2019 13" MacBook Air. I would like to attach two external monitors. I currently have one external monitor. Is a two-external-monitor setup easy or possible at all?

Thank you,

Wayne

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:03 PM

Yes. Read Use multiple displays with your Mac - Apple Support.

2 replies

Apr 26, 2020 3:51 PM in response to John Galt

I've read the article several times and still am having trouble. I have two monitors that connect to a docking station. One connects with an HDMI cord and the other with a DisplayPort. I can only get the two external monitors to mirror each other (mirror is not turned on) rather than act separately. When my Macbook Air 2019 is open I can use one of the monitors as a separate interface and the other just mirrors, and the MacBook acts as my second monitor. When I close the laptop, I only have the two mirrored displays on the external monitors and can't get them to act separately.

NOTE: My dock only has one HDMI cable port and two DisplayPorts. Might the problem be that I need 2 HDMI ports on my dock?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

can I connect two external monitors to my 2019 MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.