You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left AirPod not connecting

I have model A2301 and my left AirPod will not connect. I have tried the following.

• Forget the device in Bluetooth and pair again.
  • reset network
  • reset entire iPhone
  • cleaned all connections

Super frustrating. I’m sick with COVID and music is my solace. Any other suggestions folks? Help is much appreciated.

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 12:07 PM

If your left or right AirPod isn't working

First, place both AirPods in your charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.

Learn what to do if your AirPods or case won't charge. Then, if an AirPod still isn't working, follow these steps to reset your AirPods:

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. 
  2. Tap the 'i' icon  next to your AirPods.
  3. Tap Forget This Device, then tap to confirm.
  4. Place both AirPods in your charging case.Close the lid, wait 30 seconds, then open it.
  5. Press and hold the setup button for a few seconds, until you see the status light flashing white.
  6. Reconnect your AirPods by placing them close to your device and opening the lid. Follow the steps on your device's screen.
  7. Test both AirPods.

If necessary, check the microphone and speaker meshes on each AirPod. If you see any debris, clean your AirPods and see if that fixes the issue.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2020 12:07 PM in response to KLH1

If your left or right AirPod isn't working

First, place both AirPods in your charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.

Learn what to do if your AirPods or case won't charge. Then, if an AirPod still isn't working, follow these steps to reset your AirPods:

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. 
  2. Tap the 'i' icon  next to your AirPods.
  3. Tap Forget This Device, then tap to confirm.
  4. Place both AirPods in your charging case.Close the lid, wait 30 seconds, then open it.
  5. Press and hold the setup button for a few seconds, until you see the status light flashing white.
  6. Reconnect your AirPods by placing them close to your device and opening the lid. Follow the steps on your device's screen.
  7. Test both AirPods.

If necessary, check the microphone and speaker meshes on each AirPod. If you see any debris, clean your AirPods and see if that fixes the issue.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Left AirPod not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.