You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson XP-202 printer (version driver 9.0) no longer works with wifi

Hi,

I have an Epson XP-202 with latest installed driver and for no apparent reason the printer no longer works with wifi. I have tried with usb cable and it works like a charm.

I'm able to print with wifi from my smartphone without problems.

All of this is very annoying because the printer has always worked with my Mac wireless.

I tried to delete the folder in /Library/Printers/EPSON then reboot, reinstall driver etc but no luck

When I try to print any file, from the print queue for few second I get the message: "Print - Looking for printer", then "Stop - Filter failed"

(I translate the messages in English so the words may be slightly different)

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 8:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 1:03 PM

Ok I found a solution! :D

With the app EpsonNet Config I can see the IP address of the printer

So I added another printer configuration in the system preferences using that ip and with socket as protocol

Here a screenshot:

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 28, 2020 12:42 PM in response to Old Toad

It appears that Epson has only updated it Windows driver to 64 bit so you'll probably have to try a 3rd party print driver: Gutenprint.  For scanning try the demo version of VueScan

I tried the scanner wireless and it works...

[wireless recap]

• what doesn't work is: the printing process + the app Epson Printer Utility 4 (automatically installed by macOS Catalina) that doesn't find the printer over the network
  • what works is: scanner + the app EpsonNet Config + Epson Software Updater + Epson Firmware Updater (basically all the applications that I downloaded from the Epson website)

Mar 28, 2020 10:31 AM in response to mcflay

I have an Epson XP-202 with latest installed driver and for no apparent reason the printer no longer works with wifi. I have tried with usb cable and it works like a charm.
I'm able to print with wifi from my smartphone without problems.
All of this is very annoying because the printer has always worked with my Mac wireless.

It's your Mac that can't print via WiFi, not the printer.

It appears that Epson has only updated it Windows driver to 64 bit so you'll probably have to try a 3rd party print driver: Gutenprint.  For scanning try the demo version of VueScan

Mar 28, 2020 12:30 PM in response to jblanchard1

Thanks for your suggestion. Here the command I've used:

cd /var/log/cups && tail -f * | tee ~/Desktop/printer.log

Looking log files I think that the main problem is:

PID 1520 (/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpII) stopped with status 206 (Interface output queue is full)

Epson XP-202 printer (version driver 9.0) no longer works with wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.