You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone not working.

Hello,

The mic on my phone had not been working. I am not able to hear or be hard by phone calls. I cannot record anything. Also during phone calls, I cannot select the option for speakerphone. i tried to set up Voice Control again and it says the microphone is being used by another application. I have restarted and even reset my phone. Please help. I am very frustrated.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 11:33 PM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Anakarininah

Hi Anakarininah,

Thank you for posting. Being able to use your microphones is very important, and I'm happy to see if I can assist. As I understand it, you've been having some microphone issues and it seems to affect on-call use and Voice Control. Is that right?

When you say you reset the iPhone, are you saying you restored it to factory settings using a computer?

It sounds like you've done some good troubleshooting so far. This has a step that might help you: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Since you're seeing a prompt that your microphone is in use, it might also help to tap Settings > Privacy > Microphone to see which apps are allowed to use your microphone.

If none of the above helps, use this to Contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Microphone not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.