You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch playing Up

I’m having problems with my Apple Watch, the touchscreen is way off when I press it it sometimes doesn’t respond and when I press the main button the screen will turn on then off again, any ideas on the problem or what to do it was only bought less than a year ago

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 3:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 6:28 AM

Hi Liam988,

Hope that you are well...

I see that you have some touch screen issues with your Apple Watch.

I'll love to help you further in order to solve the issue.

Please try both solution and then test the issue again:

1. How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support / Force restart your Apple Watch
  2. Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue still persist, please check your Apple Watch for the latest update available according to the following article

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• Oria.
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2020 6:28 AM in response to Liam988

Hi Liam988,

Hope that you are well...

I see that you have some touch screen issues with your Apple Watch.

I'll love to help you further in order to solve the issue.

Please try both solution and then test the issue again:

1. How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support / Force restart your Apple Watch
  2. Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue still persist, please check your Apple Watch for the latest update available according to the following article

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• Oria.

Mar 21, 2020 3:40 AM in response to Liam988

First try this;

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

And if that doesn't work then try an unpair re-pair.

Watch playing Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.