You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio book only playing first 10 min of each chapter

I have an audio book in MP3 format that I imported into iTunes on my PC. The Windows Explorer shows the unabridged version and chapter by chapter, but in iTunes it is one file only and when I play it only the first 10 minutes of each chapter is plays before it automatically skips to the next chapter

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 3:11 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 20, 2020 4:10 PM in response to Steenski

Hey Steenski,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're running into an issue playing an audio book in iTunes.

You mentioned importing that to iTunes. I want to share the resource below with you just to make sure those are the steps that were taken when importing.

Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC

If you still need help resolving this, let us know a bit more about what's happening. Some helpful information would be:

Does this happen with all Audio Books, or just this one?

Can you play this Audio Book with any other app?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Mar 22, 2020 3:49 AM in response to cp from OH

Hi cp from OH.

The files are imported into my iTunes library on both the PC and the iPhone, that's not my problem. Playing the MP3 file on my PC the entire chapter is played, it is only when being played on my Apple device that only the first 10 minutes (and exactly 10 minutes) that are played before it skips to the first 10 min of the next chapter.

Mar 23, 2020 2:40 PM in response to Steenski

Hey Steenski,

Thanks for following up. Is this the only audio book you're seeing this behavior with? If so, have you tried deleting and importing is again to see if the behavior continues? If it does, or you're experiencing this with other audio books, let us know where the audio book was originally downloaded from. We'll go from there.

Cheers!

Mar 23, 2020 3:58 PM in response to ryane77

Yes I have tried to delete it from the iTunes library and re-import it. Yes it is the only audio book that has the problem and all the other books are in MP3 format as well.

I got it from an old CD

Playing the book on my PC using i.e. VLC, it plays the entire chapter. Right clicking a chapter in File Explorer window and then Open with => iTunes it also plays the entire chapter

Audio book only playing first 10 min of each chapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.