You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my battery charging so slow?

Why my battery is charging so slow?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 8:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 10:10 PM

The power of the adapter does not decrease because it is directly relational to the incoming energy source (Electricity) and then converts it to the volts and amps that iPhone can use to charge its battery. Your issue is not the adapter or the cable.

The problem with your charging is the Battery. Battery Health Maximum Capacity has dropped below 80%. You are at 75%. At this point you are nearing the end of your battery lifespan. Apple recommends that if your battery health reaches 80% or below then replace the battery. I therefore recommend that you have your battery examined at an authorized repair center and get it replaced after confirmation. Thanks.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2020 10:10 PM in response to MacSaikia

The power of the adapter does not decrease because it is directly relational to the incoming energy source (Electricity) and then converts it to the volts and amps that iPhone can use to charge its battery. Your issue is not the adapter or the cable.

The problem with your charging is the Battery. Battery Health Maximum Capacity has dropped below 80%. You are at 75%. At this point you are nearing the end of your battery lifespan. Apple recommends that if your battery health reaches 80% or below then replace the battery. I therefore recommend that you have your battery examined at an authorized repair center and get it replaced after confirmation. Thanks.

Axel F.

Why is my battery charging so slow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.