You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer music from Apple Music to iTunes

Hi, my hard drive crashed a few months ago and I wasn't able to get anything restored. I lost all of my music in my iTunes library but the music is still on my iPhone. Am I able to transfer it back to iTunes on my computer? Thanks for your help

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 1:07 AM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2020 1:18 PM in response to EmmyBerry

Hello EmmyBerry,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to transfer music from an iPhone to your computer with iTunes. I'll be happy to help and point you in the right direction.

You can transfer your music content from an iPhone to a computer with iTunes, by following the steps outlined in these two helpful articles:

1. Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer
  2. Sync iTunes content on PC with your devices

If, you're a subscriber to Apple Music, you can turn on the feature of Sync Library to access your music library. Here's how: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Kind regards.

Mar 22, 2020 4:49 AM in response to Teddy_B

Thanks for your response, however if I follow these instructions it seems that I will lose all my music on my iPhone. When I get up to the step to Sync Music, an alert comes up that says "Are you sure you want to remove existing music from this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?". There is currently no music on my iTunes library as my hard drive crashed and all my music is on my phone. So if I sync them, the blank iTunes library will override all my songs. Is there another way I can get the music back on to iTunes from my phone?

Thanks

Transfer music from Apple Music to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.