You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable a child to use iPhone and still have parental restrictions by parents not using any Apple product?

TSSIA

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 9:06 AM

Enable Screen Time restrictions with a password on the phone when you give the phone to the child. Turn Screen Time off when you want to use it.

Here is a general discussion of parental controls—>Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can also use Guided Access to restrict the use of the phone to one app—>Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You might also consider getting the child an iPod Touch; essentially an iPhone without the “phone”, which you can then managed from your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Facetime4All

Enable Screen Time restrictions with a password on the phone when you give the phone to the child. Turn Screen Time off when you want to use it.

Here is a general discussion of parental controls—>Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can also use Guided Access to restrict the use of the phone to one app—>Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You might also consider getting the child an iPod Touch; essentially an iPhone without the “phone”, which you can then managed from your iPhone.

Mar 17, 2020 9:20 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for your reply, but...

In order to create an Apple ID for her (under 13) I was requested a different Apple ID to be supplied first... So... I created myself a new Apple ID, then created her new Apple ID under Family Share, logged myself out from the phone and logged her into the phone... Now when she wants to install apps she's requesting this to me as her parent, but I'm unable to find any where I could log in with my Apple ID to accept this... Where can I log in to actually give her permission to install the requested app?

It can't be created so you have to have another Apple hardware to make this possible!?... That would be close to fraud: It would be extremely easy to show this option on a web page and make it possible to allow or disallow a request.

If this actually is created this way I really do hope Apple soon is forced to have some of their services opened, e.g. parental settings... :) And the Facetime service.

But again Lawrence: Thanks for your reply.

How to enable a child to use iPhone and still have parental restrictions by parents not using any Apple product?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.