You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to pair AKG y50BT headphones to iMac

Having recently upgraded to an iPhone 8 which doesn't have a 3.5mm jack socket, I bought a pair of AKG bluetooth headphones.

The headphones will pair nicely with the iPhone when I am out and about, but last night, they just WOULD NOT pair with the 27" iMac which sits quite close to my router.

Any clues why I should not be able to effect a good, solid pairing?

This is the Advanced set up I have for Bluetooth on the iMac

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 4:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 8:36 AM

At the time of this reply, the headphone has been switched into pairing mode. There are no other devices paired with the imac.

When I checked my phone, the h/phone was connected with the phone. Unpaired h/p with phone and phone completely turned off. H/p reactivated and re-paired with iMac.

It appears that my h/phones were trying to establish a connection with my phone which was either in my pocket or being charged up at the time. It seems pretty evident that bluetooth only allows connection with one device at a time, and only between 2 devices, i.e. it doesn't like sharing

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Rudegar

At the time of this reply, the headphone has been switched into pairing mode. There are no other devices paired with the imac.

When I checked my phone, the h/phone was connected with the phone. Unpaired h/p with phone and phone completely turned off. H/p reactivated and re-paired with iMac.

It appears that my h/phones were trying to establish a connection with my phone which was either in my pocket or being charged up at the time. It seems pretty evident that bluetooth only allows connection with one device at a time, and only between 2 devices, i.e. it doesn't like sharing

Unable to pair AKG y50BT headphones to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.