You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes passwords

i’ve created a password, but then changed the password for future notes, not realizing that the old password applied to the old notes. now i’ve forgotten the old password. is there any way i can access them? when i go into notes, it’s not letting me remove the password for all my notes.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 9:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 9:26 PM

HI Amina,

As you have already found out, the notes with the old password STILL require that old password. You have forgotten that password and now there is no way to get to those notes. There are some third party apps that claim to recover those notes with forgotten locked password. You can look for them by googling however I am not certain how well they work or work at all.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2020 9:26 PM in response to amina42

HI Amina,

As you have already found out, the notes with the old password STILL require that old password. You have forgotten that password and now there is no way to get to those notes. There are some third party apps that claim to recover those notes with forgotten locked password. You can look for them by googling however I am not certain how well they work or work at all.

Axel F.

notes passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.