You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use Apple ID with iMessage Error

I am unable to activate and use my iMessage and FaceTime with my Apple ID (email address). When I try to sign in after clicking on the link that offers to use these features with my Apple ID, I get a message saying an error occurred. I’ve tried turning both features and my phone off and back on again, but that didn’t help. I know I’m using correct sign in info cuz it works on the Apple website. I also turned off VPN, in case that was interfering. Nothing has worked and it has been over 24 hours.  I am on an iPhone 5S. Please help. Thank you!

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 3:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 4:14 PM

Follow all steps in this link If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

7 replies

Use Apple ID with iMessage Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.