You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boss FS-5U Mainstage 3

Hello, I am trying to set up a foot switch to switch patches. Roland RD800, Boss FS-5U assigned Next Patch, press/release. Some patches advance to the next patch. When I press the pedal on other, it skips over the next patch and jumps 2 to 3 patches. I've searched the internet for weeks, tried everything I could find, still unable to find a solution. Does anybody have any information on this subject?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 10:36 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 29, 2020 11:11 AM in response to TomBBBBB

I actually fixed the issue by playing around with type of hardware input. All of the information I found said to change the type from Absolute to Press/Release. But that did not work with the RD800 and Boss foot switch. I found that any of the Relative options seem to work fine. Single value may work as well, I haven't tried it. But Absolute and Press/Release don't work.

Mar 2, 2020 1:11 AM in response to TomBBBBB

There's a magic in MainStage: If you assign a hardware to a workspace object, press the button 3 (in words: three) times. Not two, not four, just three times. In most cases, MainStage determines the correct setting. But sometimes, you need to fumble. Ot the footswitch has some contact bouncing, which leads to errors as well.

Nonetheless, please mark your answer as the solution, so other users with the same issue might find that solution to their problem.

Best,

DaCaptain

Boss FS-5U Mainstage 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.