You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my Iphone back up passcode

Dear all,

Greetings,

I had an iphone 8 plus with IOS 13 and i have backed up my data in my PC and sold my Iphone, now i have purchased a new Iphone XS MAX that has IOS 13, so i want to restore my data in my new Iphone but i have forgot my backup PASSCODE and don't know how to restore it kindly please help me how find my passcode or restore my data

Sincerely yours

Hadayatullah

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 9:04 PM

Not that I know of, but you get an unlimited number of tries. Keep guessing! You may want to see the "If you can’t remember the password for your encrypted backup" section in:

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

but I doubt it will help you much.

4 replies

Feb 15, 2020 10:00 PM in response to javaliga

One thing to note and that is when I created an encrypted back with my MacBook Pro and Catalina, I was prompted to enter a password AND given an option on have that password in the Keychain. I chose that option and confirmed that the password is listed under the key "iOS Backup". I know that the OP is on PC (Windows I believe) and may not have given an option to save that password somewhere in the OS. Just thought that I'd mention this. Thanks.

Axel F.

Forgot my Iphone back up passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.