You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card not suported

hi my name is Venkat

I am using iPhones 5s, in india

last 2years back I am using this I phone, then after going to Kuwait, now I am coming back india

but iPhone showing SIM card is not not suported,m please help me

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 6:42 AM

Yes, you may be using, but your phone is telling you it is locked to a carrier if the new sim card you are trying to use is not supported. Perhaps the carrier you used in Kuwait has a carrier lock on your phone.

8 replies

Feb 15, 2020 6:42 AM in response to kb1951

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a service provider that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported service provider or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your service provider. Please contact Apple for more information.

SIM card not suported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.