You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime screen recording won’t save and audio only works

Hi I was screen recording with QuickTime and I clicked stream while recording now my video doesn’t work on the screen recording but has audio. I can’t save this file I had to pull it out of the autosave folder checked the internet Havnt seen a problem that was the same wondering if anyone had a fix?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 3:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 7:43 AM

Apple pre-installed QuickTime Player, an app that lets you record, edit, play, and share audio and video files, onto every Mac. You can use it to record your computer screen.

1. Open QuickTime Player by searching for it in Launchpad.

Launchpad

2. Once you're in Quicktime, click “File” and select “New Screen Recording”.

3. Press the downward facing arrow next to the “Record” button to choose the following recording options:

Microphone: Choose “None” to record your screen with no sound. Choose “Built-in Microphone” to record your screen with sound.

Options: Choose “Show Mouse Clicks in Recording” if you want your clicks to appear as a circle during your screen recording.

4. Click the “Record” button and choose one of the following recording types:

Click your screen to record your entire computer screen.

Drag a section of your screen that you want to record.

5. To finish recording, click the “Stop” button in the menu bar, which will be to the left of the “WiFi” button.

6. To save your recording, click “File”, press “Save”, and name your recording.

If you wish you can save from youtube some examples of how this is executed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2020 7:43 AM in response to TrevorReis

Apple pre-installed QuickTime Player, an app that lets you record, edit, play, and share audio and video files, onto every Mac. You can use it to record your computer screen.

1. Open QuickTime Player by searching for it in Launchpad.

Launchpad

2. Once you're in Quicktime, click “File” and select “New Screen Recording”.

3. Press the downward facing arrow next to the “Record” button to choose the following recording options:

Microphone: Choose “None” to record your screen with no sound. Choose “Built-in Microphone” to record your screen with sound.

Options: Choose “Show Mouse Clicks in Recording” if you want your clicks to appear as a circle during your screen recording.

4. Click the “Record” button and choose one of the following recording types:

Click your screen to record your entire computer screen.

Drag a section of your screen that you want to record.

5. To finish recording, click the “Stop” button in the menu bar, which will be to the left of the “WiFi” button.

6. To save your recording, click “File”, press “Save”, and name your recording.

If you wish you can save from youtube some examples of how this is executed.

QuickTime screen recording won’t save and audio only works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.