You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock acting very strangely after update 10.15.3.

After upgrading to 10.15.3 my dock is no longer working as it should. It will auto hide, but then it won't come back when I move my mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Sometimes when I click at the bottom of the screen it pops up, but it is not consistent and fails most of the time. Furthermore, with magnification on it doesn't magnify the icons. I have tried every setting with no change. I actually wiped by HD and reinstalled the OS from scratch and it's still doing it. I tried booting in safe mode and into another user account and the behavior is the same.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 9:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 8:33 PM

I did not migrate any data once I wiped and installed the OS. It was a clean install.

HOWEVER, I have an update. By chance I happened to connect my Apple bluetooth mouse to the machine instead of my normal mouse (microsoft sculpt keyboard and mouse) and when I tried it, it worked perfectly. Just to check, I turned off the bluetooth mouse off and turned the sculpt mouse back on and the strange Dock behavior returned. Other than that behavior the mouse works fine. I guess I will just have to use the Apple mouse until I can figure out a solution.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2020 8:33 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I did not migrate any data once I wiped and installed the OS. It was a clean install.

HOWEVER, I have an update. By chance I happened to connect my Apple bluetooth mouse to the machine instead of my normal mouse (microsoft sculpt keyboard and mouse) and when I tried it, it worked perfectly. Just to check, I turned off the bluetooth mouse off and turned the sculpt mouse back on and the strange Dock behavior returned. Other than that behavior the mouse works fine. I guess I will just have to use the Apple mouse until I can figure out a solution.

Dock acting very strangely after update 10.15.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.