You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble factory resetting my apple watch series 1

The instructions for a "Hard Reset" are, while connected to a power source, to hold the physical power button located on the right bottom of the side of the watch until the "Power off" slider appears. Next it usually states the 3 option will appears : emergency SOS, medical ID and power off. The directions state next to long press (only slightly more firm than as if you were to slide it) the power off slider (again, long press, not slide!) then quickly releasing it. Then the "erase all content an settings" option pops up. Then you confirm the option by tapping the green check mark and your phone should factory reset to default settings. I understand and have tried using the method multiple time HOWEVER, my issue is that when attempting to long press the power off slider, the option to "erase all content" never appears. As a matter of fact, the emergency SOS and Medical ID don't either. Help regarding this frustration would be greatly appreciated :)

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 8:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 1:54 AM

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Then;

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Then;

Set up and pair Apple Watch with iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies

Trouble factory resetting my apple watch series 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.