You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a possibility that my watch can have ECG app?

Hi, I just purchased an Apple Watch Series 5 44mm GPS from the internet and this is the first time I use Apple Watch so I'm kinda excited.

Unfortunately, after using it couple of days, I realized that the watch doesn't come with ECG and that is because it's originated in Japan.

I'm staying in Singapore which is under Apple's ECG coverage, yet I have no idea that there is no ECG services for certain countries and also how to check the watch's originated country.

Is there a possibility that my watch can have ECG app? It's kinda sad when I look at people around who are using AWS 4 that come with built-in ECG app while I don't have this feature in my AWS 5... T_T

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 6:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 6:54 AM

For the ECG app to work on your watch the ECG app has to be approved by;

1. the government of the country in which the watch was bought and

2.the government of the country in which you reside.

Unfortunately Japan hasn't approved the ECG app yet so you won't be able to use the ECG app until they approve it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2020 6:54 AM in response to meisnoob

For the ECG app to work on your watch the ECG app has to be approved by;

1. the government of the country in which the watch was bought and

2.the government of the country in which you reside.

Unfortunately Japan hasn't approved the ECG app yet so you won't be able to use the ECG app until they approve it.

Is there a possibility that my watch can have ECG app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.