You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redeem gift cards

Hello everyone. A friend have sent me an app store gift card by Email. Unfortunately I can’t redeem it, because of my region. How can I manage on this situation?

Gift card says that it is valid in U.S., but I am in Asian region. To be exact in Uzbekistan. If anyone can help me I would be very thankful!

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 11:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 12:28 AM

Don_madridista Said:

"[...] I couldn’t contact with Apple Support! My region somehow isn’t supported![...] can I give back that gift card and get refund from apple?"

-------

No. The Original Purchaser needs to request the refund.

Why? Licensing:Location:

This all has to do with licensing and the original place of purchase. I guess Apple has not made a commitment between the U.S. and Uzbekistan.

Provide Feedback:

In the meantime, you can leave apple your feedback on how you thing things should be done. Be positive about the subject matter, or it will just be filtered out. The more Apple hears about such preferences, the more Apple will look into it. Apple rarely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So,...

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Gift Cards" for "I have Feedback About"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.
6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2020 12:28 AM in response to Don_madridista

Don_madridista Said:

"[...] I couldn’t contact with Apple Support! My region somehow isn’t supported![...] can I give back that gift card and get refund from apple?"

-------

No. The Original Purchaser needs to request the refund.

Why? Licensing:Location:

This all has to do with licensing and the original place of purchase. I guess Apple has not made a commitment between the U.S. and Uzbekistan.

Provide Feedback:

In the meantime, you can leave apple your feedback on how you thing things should be done. Be positive about the subject matter, or it will just be filtered out. The more Apple hears about such preferences, the more Apple will look into it. Apple rarely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So,...

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Gift Cards" for "I have Feedback About"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

Feb 6, 2020 11:18 PM in response to Don_madridista

Don_madridista Said:

"Redeem gift cards: Hello everyone. A friend have sent me an app store gift card by Email. Unfortunately I can’t redeem it, because of my region. How can I manage on this situation? Gift card says that it is valid in U.S., but I am in Asian region. To be exact in Uzbekistan. If anyone can help me I would be very thankful!"

-------

Let the Seller Use It --- Request a Few Bucks:

Being unusable in a country where it was not purchased, let the seller (your "friend") keep it. Request a few bucks from them, and, if they are okay with it, purchase one with it where you are. That seems the most upfront way to go about this.

Feb 6, 2020 11:47 PM in response to Vancouver22

Well, thank you for your response.

I couldn’t contact with Apple Support! My region somehow isn’t supported! However there are a lot of Apple gadget users here. I feel uncomfortable with this kind discrimination to be honest! I actually like apple gadgets and I am active user of Iphones since it were launched, to exact from year 2007. And all the time faced this kind issues. I couldn’t even add payment methods like in other countries. Only visa or mastercard! Visa and MasterCard is available here but it’s uncomfortable to use!

my fault is I didn’t check before I get gift card about these rules. (However there shouldn’t be such rule, as Apple is worldwide corporation and selling its products everywhere) Actually I asked my friend to buy it for me, and I will fully refund him those funds. Now I am kind a lost.

can I give back that gift card and get refund from apple?

Redeem gift cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.