You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watch stuck on apple watch basics

I have updated the OS on my phone. I have restarted both my phone and my watch. The phone shows that it is connected to the watch but the watch is still stuck on the 'Apple Watch Basics' screen.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 8:05 PM

Read the current screen for Basics then swipe left to read the next.

For each Basic info it has 2-3 swipes. You will see a checkmark when you are ready to go to the next Basic info.

When you complete reading all the Basics which should take a minute, the screen will proceed.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2020 8:05 PM in response to QueenCandy1

Read the current screen for Basics then swipe left to read the next.

For each Basic info it has 2-3 swipes. You will see a checkmark when you are ready to go to the next Basic info.

When you complete reading all the Basics which should take a minute, the screen will proceed.

Feb 7, 2020 2:03 AM in response to QueenCandy1

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

watch stuck on apple watch basics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.