You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old note password won’t reset

Hi,

I forgot my password for my locked notes and when I reset the notes password won’t change it. I need to access my notes. How can I fix that? How can I reset my old notes password?

thank you

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 3:44 PM

Hello, dieni86.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you're trying to reset the password on your locked Notes. You can keep trying to guess what the password might be but there isn't a way to reset it: Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

"If you forgot your notes password

You can unlock a note only when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

If you have multiple passwords, you can't tell which password you should use when you look at your notes in the Notes list. When you open a note locked by your old password but enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old one. If you then enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one".

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2020 3:44 PM in response to dieni86

Hello, dieni86.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you're trying to reset the password on your locked Notes. You can keep trying to guess what the password might be but there isn't a way to reset it: Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

"If you forgot your notes password

You can unlock a note only when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

If you have multiple passwords, you can't tell which password you should use when you look at your notes in the Notes list. When you open a note locked by your old password but enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old one. If you then enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one".

Best regards.

Old note password won’t reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.