You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Britbox

I was watching a show in britbox which I am subscribed to paused the show came back and couldn’t access britbox anymore I have a new Apple TV 4K when I try to open the britbox app I get a message saying the app is only available in US and Canada... I live in Canada

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 8:50 PM

Britbox is tricky on however it is you signed up. I signed up through Apple TV and can only watch on Apple TV and not the Britbox App. I can watch on my iPad or my Apple tv4k and it carries on where I left off on either device, although I find the menu hard to navigate. I’m in Canada as well.

I can’t find where I read the parts telling me this but it’s on their Support page someplace.

From their support page: https://www.britbox.com/ca/help

If you would prefer to access on other devices you can also sign up for a BritBox subscription separately through Amazon Channels or Apple TV Channels. Amazon Channels supports all major device platforms including FireTV, SmartTVs, Blu-ray players, Game consoles, and Fire tablet. Apple TV Channels supports all major Apple device platforms. See all supported devices from Amazon HERE and from Apple HERE.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2020 8:50 PM in response to Farmgirl48

Britbox is tricky on however it is you signed up. I signed up through Apple TV and can only watch on Apple TV and not the Britbox App. I can watch on my iPad or my Apple tv4k and it carries on where I left off on either device, although I find the menu hard to navigate. I’m in Canada as well.

I can’t find where I read the parts telling me this but it’s on their Support page someplace.

From their support page: https://www.britbox.com/ca/help

If you would prefer to access on other devices you can also sign up for a BritBox subscription separately through Amazon Channels or Apple TV Channels. Amazon Channels supports all major device platforms including FireTV, SmartTVs, Blu-ray players, Game consoles, and Fire tablet. Apple TV Channels supports all major Apple device platforms. See all supported devices from Amazon HERE and from Apple HERE.

Feb 6, 2020 7:59 PM in response to Farmgirl48

The app will look different because it will install its latest version.

• Force close the app (double tap tv button , then swipe left or right to select Britbox and swipe it up to close)
  • then restart your Apple TV from settings to see if this resolves it.
  • you also might try signing out of your Apple ID in Apple TV settings> Account - then sign back in
  • also verify your subscription is still active and there’s no payment issue going on: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Britbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.