You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade iPod from IOS 9.3.5

I have an IPod that I am very much attached to. It has my life on it. My Bank has decided (without asking us) to upgrade their online system and the app which I had no longer works. The App cannot be upgraded as the high and mighty bank new system will not work with IOS 9.

Can I upgrade this iPod operating system to something better IOS 10 or higher and if yes, how do I do it.

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 1:18 PM

Hello,

If your iPod touch will not update past 9 then you have an iPod touch (5th generation). You cannot update your iPod touch any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPod touch model.

5 replies

Feb 4, 2020 5:20 PM in response to Ottawa_John

The iPod touch (7th generation) is available in 6 different colors. These colors are space gray, gold, silver, hot pink, blue, and red. The space gray color option has a black glass front and the other color options have a white glass front. All colors are the same price. The pricing goes by how much storage you want your iPod to have. 32 GB is $199. 128 GB is $299. 256 GB is $399.

Upgrade iPod from IOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.