You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got a new phone and i am trying to restore the old data from the icloud. unfortunately i set the two step authentication where it requires a code that apple sends to the old phone number which i dont have.

i got a new phone and i am trying to restore the old data from the icloud. unfortunately i set the two step authentication where it requires a code that apple sends to the old phone number which i dont have. so even though i have my user name and password, i still cant access my icloud account to restore the data to the new phone,

Any advise?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 9:17 AM

You will need to log into your Apple ID from a web browser like safari and remove your old phone number and add in your new phone number to receive the authentication codes to the right number.

1. Log into your Apple ID here-->>https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
  2. More information on updating your phone number associated with your Apple ID here-->>About two-step verification and SMS - Apple Support

Once you have successfully completed the change of phone numbers then try to restore your iPhone from the iCloud as you normally would.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2020 9:17 AM in response to eriny177

You will need to log into your Apple ID from a web browser like safari and remove your old phone number and add in your new phone number to receive the authentication codes to the right number.

1. Log into your Apple ID here-->>https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
  2. More information on updating your phone number associated with your Apple ID here-->>About two-step verification and SMS - Apple Support

Once you have successfully completed the change of phone numbers then try to restore your iPhone from the iCloud as you normally would.

Axel F.

i got a new phone and i am trying to restore the old data from the icloud. unfortunately i set the two step authentication where it requires a code that apple sends to the old phone number which i dont have.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.