You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fast Charge through macbook pro plug?

I have just bought a fast charge cable for my iphone 11 but need to now get a fast charge plug. I wondered however whether the plug for my Macbook Pro would work as a fast charge plug at all or if I need to buy one. Thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 2:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 6:28 AM

If it’s a USB-C version, then yes.

Look under > About this Mac > System Report > Hardware > USB. Once you can find your iPhone in the USB tree, it should list the current reserved for the iPhone. On USB-A this maxed out as 2100 mA (10.5 W). Not sure what it’s like on the USB-C models.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2020 6:28 AM in response to kj100

If it’s a USB-C version, then yes.

Look under > About this Mac > System Report > Hardware > USB. Once you can find your iPhone in the USB tree, it should list the current reserved for the iPhone. On USB-A this maxed out as 2100 mA (10.5 W). Not sure what it’s like on the USB-C models.

Fast Charge through macbook pro plug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.