You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not work on wifi in basement

My iPhone 6's wifi will work anywhere else in the house except the basement. All other device's wifi works fine in the basement, yet my phone's wont. It is connected and the wifi signal is showing full bars yet whenever I try to use something that requires wifi it acts as if it's not connected at all.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 4:27 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2020 5:18 PM in response to savannxhl

Hey savannxhl! 

If I understand correctly, you seem to be connected to your Wi-Fi router, but you’re unable to connect to the Internet, while on your iPhone in your basement. Is that right? I believe I have a few resources that can help.

Does this seem to occur while being connected to any other Wi-Fi network?

Have you tried restarting your iPhone, and checking for any application updates?

If so, go ahead and give the steps listed here a try: If your iPhone won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

This includes resetting your network settings, and restarting your router to test the issue.

If you continue to run into complications after giving those steps a try, I would recommend reaching out to the Apple Support team using the link below.

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards. 

iPhone will not work on wifi in basement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.