You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

61w USB-C Power Adapter charging at 12w

Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro 2017 which comes with a standard 61w power adapter. 2 days ago it started to charge so slow that it says "2 days and 14 hours until fully charged".

I eventually downloaded coconutBattery and Battery Health 2 and when I plug the charger in, it says that the power adapter is 12w and charging with 1.87w which is ridiculous...

On the other hand, I tried my friend's 30w charger and when i plugged it in, it recognise it as 30w power adapter.

Is it common that the adapter will lose its power after some time and I just have to buy a new one or is there something else I can do? At the beginning I thought that it might be something with the macbook battery itself but it looks like it's not the case.

Thank you for your replies

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 4:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 6:19 AM

Hi,

As you said your adapter is something wrong, you have to get new adapter, though it's worth trying make Genius Bar reservation or take your adapter to Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined it.

1 reply

61w USB-C Power Adapter charging at 12w

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.