You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the cost of additional storage be taken out of my iTunes balance? I do not wish to enter a credit card?

Can the cost of the 50 gb of storage be taken out of my iTunes balance each month? If so how do I do this?

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 12:44 PM

You select the new storage size, and then tap on Buy on the top right corner.

It may take a moment for it to register.

Details here: Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support

Restarting your iPhone should not necessary, since the storage is not directly related to your iPhone.

5 replies

Jan 21, 2020 8:35 AM in response to Little-Harvey

Yes.

You don't need to do anything. iCloud Storage, like other iTunes and App Store purchases, is automatically charged to your iTunes credit balance before it requires a credit card.

As long as there is enough to cover the cost of the subscription plus any applicable taxes it will be charged to your balance.

See here: iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support

Accepted payment methods for iCloud storage upgrades include credit cards, debit cards, and your Apple ID balance.

and here: How App Store and iTunes Store purchases are billed - Apple Support

Jan 21, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Little-Harvey

You don't need to do anything as I said.

As long as you have enough credit balance in the Apple ID you use for iCloud, it will use that automatically.

See here for how to redeem an iTunes Gift Card onto your account: Redeem App Store & iTunes Gift Cards and content codes - Apple Support

or add funds to your Apple ID from Apple Pay / Wallet: Add funds to your Apple ID - Apple Support

Jan 21, 2020 11:07 AM in response to Phil0124

I have enough money (over 50 dollars) in iTunes. Trying to go from the free 5 gigs to 50 at .99. But what confuses me that that when I go bacl to iCloud storage page shouldn't it now indicate 50 gigs? Still says 4.5 GB of 5 GB Used.

Shouldn't there be some change to the page to I need to do a hard restart on my iPhone?

Thanks again for your time.

Can the cost of additional storage be taken out of my iTunes balance? I do not wish to enter a credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.