You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch sports loop strap stretching

My sports loop strap on the watch stretches out with use so that after about 7 months it needs replacing, as the hooks no longer hold on the stretched loops.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 5

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 3:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 9:47 AM

Next time you are near an Apple Store (if it is an Apple Loop Band) stop by and have them take a look at it. Take the receipt and or email showing purchase with you. If defective it may be covered under the 1 year warranty.

2 replies

Jan 29, 2020 12:01 PM in response to mdhurst

Thanks for your reply. I did do this and my first band was (somewhat reluctantly, as stretching is apparently not a designated defect) replaced. However the second band was not. They suggested I try a Nike band instead, as this won't stretch with use in water, and it has more closely spaced holes for better fit. I've been trying it out for my swim workouts for the past week or so, getting it as tight as possible for the hour in the pool, not an easy feat because the end of the band doesn't want to slide between skin and silicon when it's tight. Unfortunately the HR tracks are disappointing. I've managed to get it to work most of the time for straight freestyle, but whenever I use hand paddles for a pull set, it won't pick up a single HR measurement (over a distance of 1000m). I don't have this problem with the velcro strap, maybe because it has a bit of stretch in it. It's incredibly disappointing that Apple promotes the watch as a tool for swim workouts, but doesn't provide a strap that lets it work reliably. I think I'll have to resort to buying cheaper 3rd party sports loop straps and just count on replacing them every 6 months.

Apple watch sports loop strap stretching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.