You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t want voicemail on my iPhone 6

I just recently switch phone from a moto e to an iphone6 plus. I’m having problems with the voicemail I don’t want voicemail on my iPhone 6. Is the anyway to turn it off

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 10:58 AM

lekanjala wrote:

I just recently switch phone from a moto e to an iphone6 plus. I’m having problems with the voicemail I don’t want voicemail on my iPhone 6. Is the anyway to turn it off

Contact your carrier and ask them to remove the feature from your account.

10 replies

Jan 16, 2020 10:50 AM in response to lekanjala

Here is two different ways as it could be for your phone, or you can just call your carrier and ask them to turn it off.

First...

Go to your home screen and tap on the phone icon at the bottom.

Once the keypad is launched, type ##002# and then click on the Call button. There is no cause for worry since the iPhone will not actually make the call, but will display the settings of your voicemail.

You will be presented with three different messages

* Voice Call Forwarding

* Data Call Forwarding

* Fax Call forwarding.

Do not do anything, but simply tap on the “Dismiss” tab at the bottom of the screen. You will have successfully disabled your voicemail for all types of calls.

Second...

Start by tapping on the phone icon found at your iPhone’s home screen. Next, enter the numbers *#62# then call the number so that you are able to determine your voice mailbox number. Note the number down on a piece of paper or memorize it if you are good with numbers. 

Go to the setting section on your iPhone. As soon as the menu opens, tap on the phone icon and then go to the call forwarding section. At this point, type the voice mailbox number on the space that will be provided and then you can now exit after saving the settings.

Now, you can go to the keypad on your phone and then type the number #404 and then call so that you are able to turn off voicemail on iPhone. Afterward, you can try to call your voicemail box just to confirm if you have new messages. 

You also have the option of enabling divert call on your iPhone in case you wish. When you have disabled the voicemail, you can dial #61# hence your phone will have a ‘no answer’ response if anyone is trying to reach you. You also have the option of dialing 67 for user busy response. 

If you wish to reactivate the voice mailbox feature, you can dial 004# and call.

Jan 16, 2020 12:37 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Probably only valid for specific ones, most likely US, that is why I also said the poster could also contact their carrier.

The second one is for...

T-Mobile: 1-877-453-1304 

Verizon: 1-800-922-0204 

AT&T: 1-800-331-0500

Sprint: 888-211-4727

I will post again if I find out which carriers the first one is for. Update I could not find out 😟

Jan 16, 2020 1:26 PM in response to fyip

I’m with Straighttalk wireless I’ve called them an ask to turn off voicemail they said they did but I still get them. I even did the ##404# thing it didn’t work all it says is called cannot be completed as dialed. I don’t know what to do my daughter have the same iPhone but she doesn’t have voicemail on hers

Jan 16, 2020 2:11 PM in response to lekanjala

lekanjala wrote:

? Do u think if I call Verizon can they turn off my voicemail since they use Verizon towers

No. Verizon does not have access to your account. You need to call StraightTalk back. They may have said they turned off VM but, if you're still getting them, they didn't. Somehow, they made a mistake.

You can also turn off notifications for voicemail and ignore them. Change your greeting to "Don't leave a message because I don't check them."

I don’t want voicemail on my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.