You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad to restore

Why my iPad keeps asking me for a passcode when I've restored it because I had forgotten my passcode? It keeps asking back for a passcode and I keep restarting it and I feel I'm going in circles. Help?

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 9:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 2:18 PM

It would seem that error revolves around you maybe trying to use an iOS that is no longer being signed by Apple. TATSU is a part of the Apple gs activation server. Do you have the latest version of iTunes on the computer?

3 replies

Jan 11, 2020 9:32 AM in response to jackeline82

If you are referring to the passcode to open the screen, did you follow the steps in this support document to restore it? If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you experienced a problem completing the restore from there because it is asking for the passcode, follow the steps to put the device into Recovery Mode to restore it.

Jan 11, 2020 2:01 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris. I’ve done all of that exercise of restoring and update. Now it’s come back with my iPad fully disabled and asking me to connect to iTunes. When I go through the whole process, it shows the following message;

“TATSU declined to authorize this image on this device for this user”

This on the laptop when connecting iPad to iTunes. Still can’t get it to work.

Ipad to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.