You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't stream Apple Music on Apple watch 5 cellular.

Got my new Apple Watch. Pretty soon realised that it can't stream Spotify even with a cellular connection.

So I joined up to Apple Music after reading that this is the only streaming service that you can stream from on your apple watch (cellular) with out your phone nearby. ie. at the gym, with phone at home.

I have bluetooth headphones connected and turned my phone off (to test it works.. which it doesn't) but get the message 'sorry I can't play that right now, try again later'

When my phone is turned on, I can ask siri to on my watch to play any song from apple music and it plays on my phone....

I want to be able to stream apple music on my watch when I don't have my phone.

This is VERY frustrating.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 5:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 11:59 PM

SOLVED!

I was on the phone and chat line to Apple for over two hours – not once did they tell me to check a simple setting which I discovered was the problem.

Solution:

Go to PHONE settings 

Music

Mobile data (on)

STREAMING (on)

It was the Streaming for mobile data that I didn’t have clicked on, therefore it would only stream when on wifi. Once I clicked that on my phone... the watched streamed using data too.

Unbelievable.... so simple

The customer service was nice, but I don’t think they were particularly familiar with the Apple Watch... surely if you knew about it, you’d ask the customer to check a simple settings first.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2020 11:59 PM in response to KeenGrip25

SOLVED!

I was on the phone and chat line to Apple for over two hours – not once did they tell me to check a simple setting which I discovered was the problem.

Solution:

Go to PHONE settings 

Music

Mobile data (on)

STREAMING (on)

It was the Streaming for mobile data that I didn’t have clicked on, therefore it would only stream when on wifi. Once I clicked that on my phone... the watched streamed using data too.

Unbelievable.... so simple

The customer service was nice, but I don’t think they were particularly familiar with the Apple Watch... surely if you knew about it, you’d ask the customer to check a simple settings first.

Can't stream Apple Music on Apple watch 5 cellular.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.