You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to view screen shots

None of the screen shots I have taken, whether a year ago or a minute ago, will open.

The file “Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 12.02.43 PM” couldn’t be open.

I get the above message. I have researched this issue and cannot find any answers. I am using the latest version of Catalina on my Macbook air

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 7:46 AM

Hey Mimi0212,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you’re not able to open screenshots from your MacBook Air running macOS Catalina. You mentioned that you aren’t able to open screenshots from a year ago. Have you not been able to open them for a year, or is this a new occurrence? If it’s a new occurrence I would start here:

• Quit the Preview app and try to open a screen shot: Quit apps on Mac
  • Restart your MacBook Air

The last suggestion in this article is logging into macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS software on your MacBook Air. If you get to this point, I encourage you to secure a Time Machine backup first.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2020 7:46 AM in response to Mimi0212

Hey Mimi0212,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you’re not able to open screenshots from your MacBook Air running macOS Catalina. You mentioned that you aren’t able to open screenshots from a year ago. Have you not been able to open them for a year, or is this a new occurrence? If it’s a new occurrence I would start here:

• Quit the Preview app and try to open a screen shot: Quit apps on Mac
  • Restart your MacBook Air

The last suggestion in this article is logging into macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS software on your MacBook Air. If you get to this point, I encourage you to secure a Time Machine backup first.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards.

I am unable to view screen shots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.