You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AppleID locked 4 security reason.

My AppleID on my iphone 8+ locked 4 security reason.I went thru the 4got ID site,reset a newID, new PW and security Qs. However, everytime, i turned on my phone, it keeps asking me to update Apple ID seetings, when i hit "continue", it will take me to reset PW (after asking security Qs/ reset via emails), i did this multiple times and there's still no end to this. What's the fix?

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 12:05 PM

Apple ID Has Been Disabled

1. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled
  2. If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support
  3. If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple …
  4. Apple ID is Disabled - Apple Club
  5. Apple ID- "This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons" alert appears

Contact iTunes Support using this form or scroll to the bottom of this page and follow the screens until you find a chat and/or telephone option.  Pick any problem to select an option.  

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2020 12:49 PM in response to Kappy

i didn't forget my security Qs. I reset my PWs and thought it'd be fine. but everytime i signed on the phone, it asked me to update Apple ID settings as "some accoutn service won't be avail until you sing in again". after I hit "continue", it gave me the same "Apple ID locked for security reason" msg again. To unlock, the phone asked me to verify my identity (which I am able to do every time) but then it will ask me to set up new PW. I repeated this process multiple Xs already - still going around circles! I just can't set a new PW everytime i use my phone.

Jan 5, 2020 12:58 PM in response to Kappy

I even went on my PC and check the Apple account page and see the iphone as device listed in the Apple ID account. However, my iphone account page is still not showing the phone listed - just keep cranking everytime i try to sign in. very frustrating as i have spent 6 hours reading all the research on line but not one is exactly the same.

Jan 5, 2020 2:24 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, Thanks but it doesn't work. when i tried to sign out, it asked me to sign in to iCloud, after i did, it asked for Apple ID verification which prompted me to go to "Settings" again. After i hit "settings, got the same message "Apple ID Locked for security reason, to unlock, must verify your identity"...so, i went thru the whole circle again to verify identity (successful every time) only for it to ask me to set up new PW again. I repeated this process 6 times already.

My AppleID locked 4 security reason.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.