You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my IPhone 6 to the later version

How do I update my iPhone 6 to the latest software version to be ablo to use my Apple Watch

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:38 PM

You have an iPhone 6 and you are on the latest version, iOS 12, that is available for it. iOS 12 is as far as your iPhone 6 can go.

iPhone 6s and newer are compatible with iOS 13.

Now, your Apple Watch appears to be running on Watch OS6 and therefore you cannot use it with your iPhone 6 with iOS 12. You either need an iPhone that can run iOS 13 OR an Apple Watch OS5 to run with your iPhone 6.

Note that you are not going to be able to downgrade your Apple Watch to WatchOS5. You can take it to an Apple Store to see whether they can do that for you. Long shot but worth a try.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2020 7:38 PM in response to alejandrina113

You have an iPhone 6 and you are on the latest version, iOS 12, that is available for it. iOS 12 is as far as your iPhone 6 can go.

iPhone 6s and newer are compatible with iOS 13.

Now, your Apple Watch appears to be running on Watch OS6 and therefore you cannot use it with your iPhone 6 with iOS 12. You either need an iPhone that can run iOS 13 OR an Apple Watch OS5 to run with your iPhone 6.

Note that you are not going to be able to downgrade your Apple Watch to WatchOS5. You can take it to an Apple Store to see whether they can do that for you. Long shot but worth a try.

Axel F.

How can I update my IPhone 6 to the later version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.