You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook sound randomly cuts out after latest software update

I have noticed that while watching videos on my MacBook, the audio randomly cuts out for like 5 seconds and comes back. This has never happened to me before. I got the last update of Catalina like 2 or 3 weeks ago, but only recently noticed the problem. I usually use Safari as my browser, so I decided to try Chrome and see if it appears there too. It turns out in Chrome the audio completely cuts out and doesn't come back until I restart the app. Also while Chrome audio was not working, safari was completely fine. Has anyone else experienced this before? How do I fix it?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 4:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 1:26 PM

Greetings, luboslavstankov. 

Thank you for consulting the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you are having some difficulties with your sound. I’d like to lend a hand in finding a resolution. 

To start, please Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. Then, test to see if the issue persists. If so, please answer the following questions.

• Does this happen while using a certain streaming service or does it happen with all videos?
  • Does this happen if you use a Bluetooth device?
  • Are you using the internal Mac speakers?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmly.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2020 1:26 PM in response to luboslavstankov

Greetings, luboslavstankov. 

Thank you for consulting the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you are having some difficulties with your sound. I’d like to lend a hand in finding a resolution. 

To start, please Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. Then, test to see if the issue persists. If so, please answer the following questions.

• Does this happen while using a certain streaming service or does it happen with all videos?
  • Does this happen if you use a Bluetooth device?
  • Are you using the internal Mac speakers?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmly.

MacBook sound randomly cuts out after latest software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.