You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating 2010 iMac with the latest software

Has anyone installed the latest IOS on an older machine and noticed a slow down.?

Ive been putting off updating my 2010 iMac because I didn't want it to slow my machine down. now it looks like I might have to as I can no longer back up my iPhone.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 5:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 5:35 AM

Yes, I have a mid 2010 iMac 27” 2.3 GH running 10.13,xx, High Sierra. I updated the RAM to 32 GB with sticks from OWC, and installed 2 SSD’s and. 4TB HDD. Not all models will support this hardware configuration. It is still fast at basic tasks, but shows its age with programs like Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2019 5:35 AM in response to Henner17

Yes, I have a mid 2010 iMac 27” 2.3 GH running 10.13,xx, High Sierra. I updated the RAM to 32 GB with sticks from OWC, and installed 2 SSD’s and. 4TB HDD. Not all models will support this hardware configuration. It is still fast at basic tasks, but shows its age with programs like Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere.

updating 2010 iMac with the latest software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.