You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not restoring last session properly

There is a lot of advice what to do when Safari doesn't restore tabs/windows from the last session. My problem is slightly different and I couldn't find relevant answers, and the existing advice didn't help.

I have some half dozen tabs open. I quit Safari. I reopen it, and tabs that are restored aren't most recent ones; instead, what is restored is a set of tabs from several months ago. I had deleted preferences (.plist), I checked permissions on folders, without much help. History menu keeps record of my browsing and is up-to-date.

What could possibly cause Safari to fail to save the current set of tabs at the time of quitting and keep restoring from a set that is months old? This is an old mid-2011 iMac with High Sierra.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 6:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 3:27 PM

Finally!

Removing LastSession.plist (from inside the ~/Library/Safari/) solved my problem. Thank you!!

Similar questions

3 replies

Safari not restoring last session properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.