You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging on my old ipad

I have an ipad model MD510LL/A with ios 10.3.3 (can not be updated anymore). I can not receive or send messages because is asking to input my apple id and password to be able to activate imessages. I input my id and password and it says that it is unable to contact the imessage server. How can I solve this problem?

Sent from my iPad

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 9:38 AM

Apple iPad fourth generation Wi-Fi.

Reboot the iPad and try again, as a starting point.

Check your network connection, and see if something is blocking a connection to Apple.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Another (less likely) possibility:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Sometimes logging out of your Apple ID on the device, rebooting, and logging back in, can clear weird problems.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2019 9:38 AM in response to agustin144

Apple iPad fourth generation Wi-Fi.

Reboot the iPad and try again, as a starting point.

Check your network connection, and see if something is blocking a connection to Apple.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Another (less likely) possibility:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Sometimes logging out of your Apple ID on the device, rebooting, and logging back in, can clear weird problems.

Messaging on my old ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.