You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen

iphone was stolen and the sim was replaced it had no password so the thief turned find my phone off is there a way to locate it?

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:00 AM

You cannot locate an iPhone with the IMEI or serial number. See this for what to do when your device has been stolen. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If Find My iPhone has been turned off, then you will not be able to track the device, and the thief would have restored the device to use for themselves.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2019 7:00 AM in response to ofek2006

You cannot locate an iPhone with the IMEI or serial number. See this for what to do when your device has been stolen. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If Find My iPhone has been turned off, then you will not be able to track the device, and the thief would have restored the device to use for themselves.

stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.