You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR keeps on rebooting

Hi

I have put my iPhone charge yesterday evening. I found this morning that it is rebooting constantly. I did the Hard reset (Volume up then volume down then side button until Apple logo appears) without any luck.

I did the iTunes reset - Volume up then volume down then side button until Apple logo appears then volume down for 5 seconds then leaving the power button until the phone is picked up on my mac but then my only option is to restore the iPhone by deleting everything.

Is there a way to reset the phone without deleting everything. I do not have a recent backup of my phone.

Regards, Jannie

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 1:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 1:48 AM

In such a situation, since you've already tried a forced restart of your XR (to no avail), it could be also a hardware glitch (digitizer?) but we can't diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

Before wiping your device, I would make an appointment at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your XR inspected. They'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2019 1:48 AM in response to jannieltx

In such a situation, since you've already tried a forced restart of your XR (to no avail), it could be also a hardware glitch (digitizer?) but we can't diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

Before wiping your device, I would make an appointment at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your XR inspected. They'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone XR keeps on rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.