You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE HELP...possible hack?!

Please help!! I received a email last night on my Iphone and was deleting them when I accidently opened one. Since I opened I read the first line which stated they were a hacker and by opening the email I was already hacked. First is this possible?? I have changed passwords and this morning thought to change my apple password as well. I then tried to log onto my computer 3 times, which let me. But each time has sent something to my phone saying someone is trying to log onto my account from a place that I am not near, which made me re-set my password again. This has happened to me each time I logged onto my computer here. Would this just be me?? I will probably change my password again to be safe. I have been looking online as if you can be hacked just by opening an email, but not entirely sure. Please help! I need some piece of mind. Or what to do. I have been putting my phone on airplane mode now to not allow anyone access. I have also heard about re-setting.

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:25 AM

It's a fake / scam mail. They want you to freak out so you'll eventually pay them to stop hacks that have never occured in the first place. iPhones cannot be tracked / hacked unless jailbroken.

Regarding the Mails from Apple (Account Security): The person that has accessed your account from an unknown device is probably yourself. The unknown device is just your computer since your normally use your phone to sign-in to your Apple ID, so a PC is a new and unknown device. The given location is approxmiate and depends on your ISP (Internet Service Provider), usually it's a place nearby you (+/- 100 mi), if you do not use any VPN, to hide or change your location.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2019 9:25 AM in response to karissa98

It's a fake / scam mail. They want you to freak out so you'll eventually pay them to stop hacks that have never occured in the first place. iPhones cannot be tracked / hacked unless jailbroken.

Regarding the Mails from Apple (Account Security): The person that has accessed your account from an unknown device is probably yourself. The unknown device is just your computer since your normally use your phone to sign-in to your Apple ID, so a PC is a new and unknown device. The given location is approxmiate and depends on your ISP (Internet Service Provider), usually it's a place nearby you (+/- 100 mi), if you do not use any VPN, to hide or change your location.

PLEASE HELP...possible hack?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.